How to Hard Reset Motorola Moto G Moto E Moto X Moto M Moto Z
Factory Data Reset your Motorola Mobile Phones follow the below simple steps.
Moto G / Moto G 2nd Gen
Moto E / 2nd Gen
Moto X / Moto X 2nd Gen
Factory Reset your device will erase all the data (Contacts / Pictures / Files / Installed Apps)
Factory Reset through Menu:
External Hard Reset:
If your mobile phone is not even powering on and your are not able to access your Mobile phone Menu, then you can do the external factory reset.
External Reset requires 25% battery backup, So charge your mobile before performing this option.
1. Press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then press POWER key and then release the keys.
Now you will see a BOOT OPTIONS
2. Press VOL DOWN Key and select Recovery and press VOL UP Key to enter.
This will show Motorola logo Exclamation mark
3. Now Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key press and release the POWER key.
Now you will see additional Blue color menu options.
4. Press VOL DOWN Key and select Wipe data / factory reset and press POWER Key to perform.
5. Press VOL DOWN key again to select YES and POWER key to CONFIRM
This will format the disk and reset the device to factory default., press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT